WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouseMusic A week to go until Founder's Weekend involving 8 music events, 9 hours of music, 14 ensembles,160 musicians - and a... 4 hours ago
- @DHSport1 Staff and students showing off their handstand skills... Happy Handstand Day! 🤸🏼♀️ @DowneHouse1 4 hours ago
- @GeogDHgeog Having fun in the rain! Checking out the environmental quality of Betws y Coed. @DowneHouse1 4 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Founder's Weekend is just a week a way and the marquee is looking magnificent, ready for the whole Downe House comm... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse1 Hip hip hooray for mufti day in aid of Barnardo's and the Grenfell Tower disaster 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse1 Did you know DH girls have a choice of 60+ co-curricular activities every week from rock climbing to cookery, yoga... 1 day ago