WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse1 Founder's Weekend is just a week a way and the marquee is looking magnificent, ready for the whole Downe House comm... 3 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Hip hip hooray for mufti day in aid of Barnardo's and the Grenfell Tower disaster 3 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Did you know DH girls have a choice of 60+ co-curricular activities every week from rock climbing to cookery, yoga... 6 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 CCA doing amazing job sorting the wardrobe for Founder's Weekend dance showcase Downe the Rabbit Hole... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse1 Marquee for Founder's Weekend is going up today - preparations and rehearsals are in full swing... 1 day ago
- @DHLowerSchool Hermitage opening their Wellbeing sack full of goodies 1 day ago