WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouseDrama The LIV - LV Drama scholars are loving their devising workshop with @RedCapeTheatre @DowneHouse1 15 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Getting ready to do some Christmas shopping at this year's Downe House Gift Fair on Friday - we're raising money fo... 23 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Upper Fifth Assembly this morning marked @AntiSlaveryDay to raise awareness of modern-day slavery... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse1 Catching up after 25 years - the class of '92 enjoyed their reunion at the Lansdowne Club. Read the full story here 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse1 Fantastic news - usually we celebrate the 100th goal of the season in the Lent Term - go girls! 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse1 Charlie & Charlotte set off for India yesterday on their @DH_HEGI Exchange trip to Welhams Girls School - have a fa... 1 day ago