WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @english_dh Remove have embraced 💌📮📬✒️ @DowneHouse 5 hours ago
- @DHLowerSchool The Remove had a great time at Miss Thomas’ story-telling workshop this afternoon! 📚 10 hours ago
- @DowneHouse Such a privilege to watch our special visiting guest, Chef Josef, cooking up a storm with some of our Lower School... 11 hours ago
- @DHSport1 Well done to the U13 Hockey team who are now the West Berkshire District Champions! 🏆🏑 11 hours ago
- @DHSport1 Great day at the X-Country for the Remove. Issy R came an impressive 4th and the team came 4th out of 17 schools ov... 11 hours ago
- @DHSport1 Great performance from all of our netball teams today- a clean sweep! 7/7 wins vs @PangColl. There were some fabulo... 11 hours ago