WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse1 Congratulations to our Upper Sixth and their fantastic A Level and Pre-U exam results. 90% of girls achieved A*-B a... 5 hours ago
- @DHGeography With a head of Geography from the North-West of England... we love this! 17 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Wishing our latest the very best for tomorrow’s A Level results 🍀 17 hours ago
- @Rosie_Tapner My face after just being offered to ride in the @countrysidefund charity race @Ascot !! I was so sad after... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse1 celebrating the work of our talented UVI artists 2 days ago
- @DowneHouseHEGI The iconic Robben Island and Waterfront trips for Lotte on @Herschel_Girls exchange. 3 days ago