WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse Delighted to support the @KamiliOrganisation Safaricom Family Challenge 2018 - they raised a whopping £30,000 to su... 1 hour ago
- @DowneHouse today of Hermitage girls having lots of fun decorating their Christmas tree 1 hours ago
- @DowneHouseDrama On the 12th day of Christmas...the drama department staff wish all Downe House families a Happy Christmas and New Y... 3 hours ago
- @DowneHouse Congratulations to DH staff member Janet, who recently won the West Berkshire Volunteer of the Year Award!! Janet’s... 12 hours ago
- @DowneHouse After last year's Upper Sixth girls raised over £10,000 for @ThePCRC, we are pleased to support the... 21 hours ago
- @DHSport1 One final Christmas message 🎄🎅🏻 We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 🎄🎅🏻 We are looking... 22 hours ago