WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DHSport1 U15’s hockey team played in a very close game against @cheltladiescoll but managed to sneak the win in the last min... 9 hours ago
- @DowneHouseMusic Our Evening of Light Music is tomorrow! Featuring Sinfonia Strings, Sinfonia Wind, Once Removed, Flute Ensemble, Pi... 9 hours ago
- @HolcombeDH It’s a hard life being this beautiful! Thank you for the Pamper Box and Chocs! We are feeling fully refreshed!... 9 hours ago
- @DHLowerSchool Victoria - player of the match for the U14 netball team! 15 hours ago
- @AretiJ Warm spirit despite the cold weather ... @DowneHouse1 16 hours ago
- @DHSixthForm Bake boxes being enjoyed this afternoon. So eager to eat them, the girls are frantically fanning the cookies to coo... 16 hours ago