WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse1 Words of advice from Vet and DH Alumna, Olivia: “A career as a vet is a very rewarding occupation; no two days are... 2 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 From the this wonderful pic of Seniors' Weekend in 1961 1 day ago
- @DowneHouseMusic We really enjoyed welcoming Judith Weir to @DowneHouseMusic earlier in the year. It was an amazing afternoon! Wishi... 2 days ago
- @DHSport1 Millie (L6) is currently on tour with the England U19 Lacrosse Squad. The squad have been working hard; completing... 2 days ago
- @DowneHouse1 All that training will pay off Rosie - good luck from everyone at Downe!! @DowneHouse1 2 days ago
- @DowneHouse1 On Community Volunteering Day, Upper Fourth helped out at no less than ten different organisations as well as buski... 3 days ago