WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse1 The Admissions team is looking forward to meeting prospective parents and girls at the Next Steps Evening... 1 hour ago
- @DowneHouse1 The first ever Musical Theatre Competition organised by was a huge success - read the full story here... 4 hours ago
- @school_notices Thank you to the wonderful actress, comedian and @DowneHouse1 alumni @mermhart who spoke to School Notices about he... 6 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Mrs Reeve thoroughly enjoyed her visit to @thedragonschool today and was delighted to be toured by India who is jo... 7 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 What a great way to start the day! Good luck to everyone taking exams today 10 hours ago
- @DHSport1 Well done to scholar Poppy for becoming South AC Champion this weekend! 10 hours ago