WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse1 Here's our favourite Christmas pun...What's a dog's favourite carol? Bark the Herald Angels sing!!! It's a Punderf... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse1 What a great year it has been! We celebrate some of the girls' recent achievements in 2017 @DHSixthForm... 2 days ago
- @DowneHouse1 It's - get your crazy Christmas knit on and donate to @savechildrenuk 2 days ago
- @DowneHouse1 Day 14 - great pano of the Cloisters, Chapel and our new Centre for Learning rising up 3 days ago
- @DowneHouse1 It's been a whirlwind of Christmas activities leading up to the end of term - everything from Christmas pantos and... 3 days ago
- @basnettj Dual linguists @DowneHouse1 you are in a strong position. 3 days ago