WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse1 After all the exams were over, Upper Fifth got a taster of Sixth Form life - read the full story here... 2 hours ago
- @DowneHouseHEGI Aussie rules footy and Mona Art Gallery for Mia and Kate on their to MLC 1 day ago
- @DowneHouseHEGI Oh to have these views from your window! Bella and Gardiner have been sending their sunrise and sunset clicks from... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouseHEGI Trip into Brisbane botanical gardens, stroking a galah and stroll by the riverside for Gardiner on her... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouseHEGI Marine Park video sent by Poppy and Emily on their @DGC_DurbanGirls exchange @DowneHouse1... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouseHEGI Stroll on the beach followed by UShaka Marine Park for Emily and Poppy on their @DGC_DurbanGirls exchange.... 1 day ago