WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse Our visiting exchange students from @mayocollegelive loved their very special tour of the Houses of Parliament - re... 4 hours ago
- @DowneHouse Sunday was particularly important for a group of Upper School girls who, after weeks of preparation, were confirmed... 8 hours ago
- @DowneHouseRS Good luck to our wonderful U5 GCSE girls, who are about to begin their Paper 2 exam. @DowneHouse... 12 hours ago
- @DHSixthForm Girls enjoying the sushi they made in this afternoon’s workshop 1 day ago
- @DowneHouseHEGI Our Exchange girls and their buddies had a brilliant day in London today! 1 day ago
- @DHAisholt Thank you to Mrs Masters for a super informative House Prayers session all about Ramadan today! 1 day ago