WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouseMusic Special moments from a beautiful @churchofengland Confirmation Service @DowneHouse today. 5 hours ago
- @DowneHouse Just loving these cute broaches made by the girls in Wednesday evening Crafts and Ceramics Club 11 hours ago
- @DowneHouseMusic A beautiful Confirmation Service today @DowneHouse. 15 hours ago
- @DowneHouseMusic Our Jazz Trio for today’s uplifting Confirmation Service @DowneHouse! Awesome playing! Great service! @SusanFHolmes... 15 hours ago
- @DowneHouseDrama Not a bad very first attempt at ‘lifting’ for the Jane Eyre girls! 15 hours ago
- @DowneFoundation Feeling super proud of what we have achieved for the girls and staff at DH. 5 years of fundraising and £7.9m later... 1 day ago