WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse Girls and staff are enjoying the this term in the Murray Centre Library - nothing better than a re... 4 hours ago
- @DowneHouse A DH Alumna will be playing in the Newbury Symphony Orchestra Summer Concert at St Barts in Newbury on Saturday 8 J... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse The Long Exeat is here! We wish everyone a very happy and relaxing week and look forward to seeing you all back aft... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse Head of Geography, Miss Rawlinson is running the Edinburgh Half Marathon this Sunday raising money for... 1 day ago
- @DHUpperSchool Maya and Cathy were superb at the Teach Meet sharing how the Microsoft Surface Pro has enhanced their learning jo... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouse It’s looking amazing - thank you for all your hard work! 2 days ago