WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse From the a recent bequest of a sneaked photograph in a 1930s Latin lesson. On the back was written 'Tim... 17 hours ago
- @english_dh Mrs Jess Boswell is Housemistress of Aisholt, and a fan of all things Terry Pratchet! “Stories of imagination tend... 18 hours ago
- @DHSport1 U14s full of confidence in the water in today's PE lesson, all girls get to try lots of different sports.... 21 hours ago
- @DowneHouse There's a wonderful baking tradition in the boarding houses at Downe House and is a wonderful... 1 day ago
- @DowneHouseAGN It’s Documentary Club for UIV this evening!! Ted Talks, Mary Maker is a teacher of young refugees, who sees educati... 2 days ago
- @DowneHouseRS May all those celebrating this evening and Wednesday have a meaningful and easy fast. G'mar Hatima Tova!... 2 days ago