The Young Enterprise Company Scheme is provided by an education charity which aims to forge links between schools and industry through learning about aspects of business the first-hand experience involved in forming and running a company. The scheme has been offered to Lower Sixth girls for over 10 years at Downe House. This year we have four teams taking part.
Over the course of one year pupils will:
- raise real finance by selling shares
- open and use their own company bank account
- carry out market research
- work together to create their business plan
- develop their own product or service
- market and promote their product or service
- trade with the public
- manage the company finances
- take part in local Young Enterprise trade fairs
- compete with other schools and colleges in the company of the year competition
Each company is assigned an external volunteer advisor from business to support and offer guidance when required.
Teams tend to provide goods and services to suit the captive market of girls and staff thus with four teams a variety of products will be available and advertised within School. However it is important to stress that girls are under no obligation to buy or support any team.
If you have any queries on Young Enterprise please email Miss Seema Singh (email@example.com) Young Enterprise Link Teacher.