WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse1 Beautiful sunset over Downe House as we enter our Exeat weekend 11 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Well done to @DHSixthForm girls Elizabeth, Matilda, Eliza, Ella, Molly, Isabella, Emma and Sophie who received cer... 12 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Huge congrats and third prizes go to Annie H (senior section) and Ellie L (junior section) for their recitals in th... 13 hours ago
- @DowneHouseMusic 9 days and counting until the Michaelmas Concert Extravaganza! 5 choirs, 3 Orchestras and the premiere screening of... 13 hours ago
- @DHLowerSchool We've got a HUGE in Hermitage this morning... two hours to exeat! 🎉 16 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Wishing all our girls and families a happy Short Exeat - have a great weekend and see you on Monday... 16 hours ago