WELCOME TO DOWNE HOUSE
Mrs Emma McKendrick, Headmistress
Whenever you start your career at Downe House it will be the beginning of an incredibly exciting and fulfilling journey.
No school has the right to make a girl into a particular person, but it does have a responsibility to provide her with as many opportunities as possible - academic, co-curricular and pastoral - in order to allow her to grow, develop and make the most of her individual strengths. A boarding education provides us with two very precious commodities, time and space. Learn more...
- @DowneHouse1 Children’s Day is an international celebration intended to bring nations together to promote child welfare. Marked... 1 hour ago
- @GSAUK . @GSAUK conference : ‘Every young woman I know who is deeply successful has been to an all-girls school’ - Duncan... 2 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Good to know that so many girls at Downe House are studying languages - the Language Taster Day for the Upper Fourt... 10 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 We're so excited!! So close to having 2000 followers now - anyone out there want to be our 2000th follower?... 10 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Downe House is now officially on Instagram follow us for fabulous pix celebrating life at b... 12 hours ago
- @DowneHouse1 Lower Fourth girls at @DHVeyrines this term enjoyed a movie-based fancy dress day with the menus matching the mov... 13 hours ago