Estate Management is a multi-disciplinary organisation responsible for
the development, management and maintenance of the Downe House 112 Acre
estate, along with the provision of a variety of related services.
The Estate department is responsible for the continuing maintenance and repair of building fabric and services across the Downe House Estate. The Department provides and manages all of the technical services such as engineering, building surveying and estate management to ensure the smooth running of the School's mixed-use estate.
The Estate team provides a wide range of expertise on-site; the roles include Arboriculture, Property and Services management, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Energy and Sustainability Management, Construction Management, H&S Management as well as Estate Administration.
Our Maintenance function combines with the capital building programme as highlighted in "The TenYear Vision" and provides a rich mix of activities that utilise best practice 'risk-averse' methods of planning, design, development and construction.
Principally Estate Management is responsible for:
- Planning and managing the School's estate development programme
- Project managing new build construction and the refurbishment/alteration of existing stock
- Managing the operational and non-operational estate including residential accommodation
- Maintaining the School's buildings
- Managing the sports facilities
- Managing the School's Woodland
- Delivering a comprehensive security and facilities management service to the School
- Managing catering outlets across the estate
- Maintaining and regularly reviewing a maintenance programme which takes account of short, medium and long term needs of all buildings and grounds
- Implementing the works identified and funded within the various maintenance programmes and operating a system for dealing with day to day requirements. This includes the continuing provision of an out of hours emergency service.
The Estate department explores collaborative opportunities with other leading Independent Schools to look at ways of improving efficiency and ensuring we gain value for money.